Now there’s another reason besides the fall foliage to plan a trip through the Laurel Highlands and it caters to lovers of craft drinks like pumpkin ale, hard cider, and spicy spirits.
GO Laurel Highlands has announced its new ‘Boos and Brews’, a seasonal micro-tour of participating locations in its popular Laurel Highlands Pour Tour, created in 2019 to promote the region’s craft beverage industry.
“Fall has always been a prime season for our region, so what better way to keep visitors coming back to their favorite drinking haunts than with a cool new promotion? Said Ann Nemanic, Executive Director of GO Laurel Highlands.
“Boos and Brews is designed to encourage visitors and residents to try out new seasonal creations at craft beverage stores in our area and explore the area this fall,” added Anna Weltz, Director of Public Relations and Community Relations by GO Laurel Highlands. “This micro-visit will be based solely on applications; no physical copy of the LHPT passport (is) required.
Special seasonal drinks on tap in the Laurel Highlands include:
• Helltown Brewing in Export’s Big Bad Buffy IPA in honor of the brewery’s 10th anniversary
• Harvest cider from Bella Terra Winery near Hunker
• Headless Wylie Beer from the Four Seasons Brewery in Latrobe
• German dwarf Altbier diesel from Quinn Brewing Co. in North Huntingdon
• Harvest Moon Wine from Greenhouse Winery near Rillton
• With You Always stout from Whitehorse Brewing in Washington, Pa., With a portion of the sales benefiting ovarian cancer research.
To participate in the micro-tour, craft beverage enthusiasts can download the free Laurel Highlands Pour Tour app from Google Play or Apple stores, then select the “Boos and Brews” passport at check-in.
Then, while visiting one of the more than 40 participating sites, they can upload a photo of a purchase.
After 18 confirmed registrations, an exclusive “Boos and Brews” t-shirt and stickers will be mailed to the participant.
The micro-tour is available until November 30.
Shirley McMarlin is a writer for Tribune-Review. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-5750, email@example.com or via Twitter .
Food and Drinks | Lifestyles | Local | More Lifestyles | Regional | Westmoreland